Jeld-Wen announced its first shipments of Auraline True Composite windows and patio doors.
“Auraline True Composite by Jeld-Wen combines the best features of wood and vinyl windows to deliver a truly superior product designed to fill a critical gap in the product spectrum for dealers and homebuilders,” says John Krause, SVP & GM, North America at Jeld-Wen. “The Auraline product line fulfills our ongoing commitment to innovation and sustainability, and we’re excited to make these next-generation windows the composite standard in our industry.”
A new alternative to vinyl and wood, the Greenguard Gold-certified products blend wood fiber with synthetic polymers and a co-extruded color to create a durable material that requires no painting and limited maintenance. Auraline True Composite is twice as rigid as vinyl, according to the company. Auraline products also come in PG35 standard, PG50 and LC-rated options.
“Auraline delivers homeowners a luxury look for less, offering the beauty and efficiency of wood combined with the durability and ease of maintenance that is far superior to vinyl,” says Caleb Standafer, director of strategy & general manager for Auraline True Composite Windows and Patio Doors. “These windows and patio doors answer the call from homeowners who are demanding premium aesthetics at a more affordable price.”
Slimmer sight lines are a signature of Auraline True Composite Windows and Patio Doors, with up to 28 percent more visible glass. The standard premium glass package is also designed to deliver nearly 40 percent more energy efficiency than industry basic glass packages, and with at least 30 percent of composite material coming from reclaimed sources, Auraline represents the next generation in composite windows and patio doors.
Builders and homeowners can choose a white or black finish, with a chestnut bronze finish slated to launch later this year. Coordinating hardware finishes are available in white, black and satin nickel; bronze hardware will launch alongside the chestnut bronze finish later this year. Now available are:
- Single-Hung Windows with a removable side-load bottom sash that lifts open vertically
- 2 & 3 Panel Sliding Windows with sash that slide open horizontally
- 2 Panel Sliding Patio Doors available in multiple configurations to match the windows
Coming in phases throughout the remainder of the year are:
- Casement Windows, which are hinged at the side and open the full frame area
- Awning Windows, which are hinged at the top to open out from the bottom
- Direct Set, Geometric and Radius Windows, which enable wide-open views with minimal disruption
- Mulled Windows with continuous head and sill construction
- 3 & 4 Panel Sliding Patio Doors available in multiple configurations to match the windows.
Auraline True Composite products are available nationwide at select dealers.